How do I share news with the GSD community?
We love to share news and updates from our alumni community via Professional NewAlumni Updates. Please send your name, program, class year, and description (max 75 words), with relevant imagery and web links, to email@example.com. We are happy to include news of both a professional and personal nature. Note that we may edit the content as necessary.
How do I engage with the GSD Community?
There are multiple ways you can connect with faculty, industry experts, students, and fellow alumni:
- Attend events in your area or visit us in Cambridge for GSD lectures and gallery exhibitions.
- Read about GSD News on our website and in the alumni newsletter.
- Volunteer to organize a class reunion or sponsor an event.
- Share the Grounded Visionaries Campaign with your colleagues and friends.
What kind of resources do I have access to as an alum of the GSD?
Being a member of the GSD’s alumni community provides you with unique access to each of the following:
- Alumni + Friends Events renew existing friendships with former classmates, network with alumni of other classes, gather with students and faculty, and explore what’s new at the GSD.
- Public Lecture Series The GSD lecture program presents nationally and internationally prominent speakers in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, and urban design who provide extraordinary insight into contemporary professional practice and scholarship.
- Exhibitions in Gund Hall GSD exhibitions feature projects by leading designers, planners, and artists that illustrate historic perspectives and contemporary projects as well as broad design approaches and issues. Additionally, two shows per year exhibit student work.
- Career Services Career Services welcomes alumni to take an active role in career events and services by participating in career panels, seminars, networking events, posting jobs, internships, and serving as a mentor. For more information about recruiting students or participating in an on-campus event, please contact Meryl Golden, Director of Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-4289.
- Frances Loeb Library The Frances Loeb Library is free for on-site use. GSD alumni receive a 50% discount on their borrowing privileges—$125 per year or $50 for four months. The Frances Loeb Library Special Borrower picture ID issued to alumni is non-transferable and valid only at Loeb Library. Alumni are welcome to free, on-site use of all collections.
- Executive Education The GSD’s Office of Executive Education is the foremost provider of executive education programs for architects, planners, landscape architects, and real estate and building industry professionals. Executive Education offers an extensive menu of open enrollment programs that explore timely design issues and trends; admissions programs that cover topics in real estate; and customized programs that are tailored to an organization’s or firm’s specific needs. GSD alumni receive a 20% discount on tuition.
- Harvard Design Magazine A biannual publication of the Graduate School of Design, Harvard Design Magazine probes beyond the reaches of the established design disciplines to enrich and challenge current design discourse. Alumni are eligible to receive 20% off a subscription to the newly reimagined publication. GSD Alumni can subscribe via the subscription management company, Bruil & van de Staaij. Upon check out, enter the discount code hgsdalum2017.
- Alumni Council Serving on the GSD Alumni Council offers a special opportunity to advance the School and strengthen its relationship with its graduates. Council members facilitate alumni gatherings in connection with fundraising, continuing education programs, student recruitment, networking, and employment of students and recent graduates. For more information about joining the Alumni Council, please contact Brad Quigley, Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving at email@example.com or 617-495-4315.
- Harvard Alumni Association Discover all of the additional Harvard University Alumni benefits available to you, including access to HAA’s full alumni directory to search and connect with fellow alumni, as well as free coursework, travel programs, University alumni events, and more.
How do I update my contact information with the GSD?
Register and login to HarvardKey to update your profile, search the directory, find or become a mentor, and much more.
How do I locate a fellow alum or Harvard alum?
Once you’ve claimed your HarvardKey you can search the directory for friends, colleagues, and contacts with whom you want to connect.
How do I post a job?
Career Services will advertise your job postings and invite students to submit their résumé directly to you. To take advantage of the online service, please register for an employer account. This will allow you to enter job postings directly into the system for both students and alumni.
How do I request a transcript?
You will need to complete a transcript request form, which can be obtained via the GSD’s Office of the Registrar.