Join a circle of donors who believe in the transformational power of design education.
The Josep Lluís Sert Council is a community of annual leadership donors who are committed to supporting the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, its students, and the future of design education. Sert Council members play an integral role in helping to advance the GSD’s preeminent status and provide essential funding to support our students, faculty, and degree programs.
Donors who support the Harvard Graduate School of Design with annual leadership gifts are recognized through the Josep Lluís Sert Council.
Associate (annual contributors of $1,000 to $4,999 and adjusted levels for recent graduates)
Partner (annual contributors of $5,000-$9,999)
Principal (annual contributors of $10,000 or more)
Develop a stronger relationship with the GSD.
In recognition of their annual leadership support, members are invited to attend exclusive events, receive publications and communications, participate in special opportunities and are acknowledged in the annual Giving report.
Sert Council Associate:
- Invited to Sert Council events throughout the year.
- Recognized in the annual Giving report.
- Listed on the donor wall in Gund Hall.
Sert Council Partner:
- All of the above, plus
- Receive special GSD publications.
- Invited to participate in additional special event opportunities.
Sert Council Principal:
- All of the above, plus
- Receive a special gift from the GSD.
Sert Council Events
Members of the Josep Lluís Sert Council are invited to a series of exclusive events throughout the year that provide opportunities to tour the latest projects and sites, as well as participate in thought-provoking industry conversation. For upcoming Sert Council events, click here.
Past events include:
- A reception and conversation on how the GSD is engaging in research and discourse with the City of Los Angeles.
- An exhibition tour and reception at Friedman Benda: curators shared the inspiration behind their exhibitions.
- A tour and luncheon at 30 Dalton Street in Boston with collaborating architects, Pei Cobb Freed & Partners and Cambridge Seven Associates.
- A panel discussion entitled “Diversity in Design” at Perkins + Will Boston office.
- An exclusive tour of Blarke Ingels Group’s newly completed Via 57 West.
- A presentation and tour of the recently expanded SFMOMA by Jennifer Dunlop Fletcher MDes ’04, the Helen Hilton Raiser Curator of Architecture and Design.
- A discussion about the influence of media on the field of architecture and design at Architizer.
About Josep Lluís Sert
Josep Lluís Sert, Dean of the Harvard University Graduate School of Design from 1953 to 1969, was a globally recognized architect and visionary leader whose unique perspective on cross-disciplinary training has become a hallmark of the School. Under his tenure, the GSD initiated the world’s first urban design degree, which continues to define the field on a global scale. The School is committed to building on Sert’s legacy by addressing complex issues around the world. The Josep Lluís Sert Council is an important component in fulfilling this ambitious goal.